Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old December 16th, 2009, 09:51 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Spell Check

I am running (2007) Windows XP Pro and IE8,,, Outlook Express is my e-mail service. It has be working fine til just recently, now my spell check tries to correct all words into French. My Dell system came pre-loaded with Office 2007, and I just recently upgraded from IE7 to IE8. What can I do?
Old December 22nd, 2009, 02:36 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Hi, brickman. Unless I'm missing something (always a possibility), the solution is to install Windows Live Mail. At least, that's what I gather from reading here Maybe when you upgraded to IE8 it forced a Windows update that did this? I don't know.

One alternative might be installing Spell Checker for OE. You can find that at PCWorld downloads Although it says shareware, here they say differently.
Old December 31st, 2009, 08:02 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman258 View Post
I am running (2007) Windows XP Pro and IE8,,, Outlook Express is my e-mail service. It has be working fine til just recently, now my spell check tries to correct all words into French. My Dell system came pre-loaded with Office 2007, and I just recently upgraded from IE7 to IE8. What can I do?
Hi, I have just loaded Microsoft office home and student in to my windows xp prof; and I have the same problem. I love outlook express and don't want to change but I had no spell checker until I loaded the cd but as you say it only checks French. I made sure my reginal settings are english uk default and also my custom dictionary but when I go into office tools the only option is French, I was hoping some one could cure the problem for me but maybe there isn't one. I put works in but the spelll checker won't work in outlook express, if you manage to resolve the problem perhaps you would be kind and let me know as well. thank you