Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:27 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Cool Cont/Alt/Delete Function gone bye bye

I am old frugal retired guy who still has 98SE system. Recently had pc crash, took it to a tech who checked it and said I need to trash my compter. I took it home and re-formatted the hard-drive and re-installed my 98SE program Had trouble getting back on line but still had some issues with my IE. Kept getting messages that microsoft was discontinueing IE and I needed to find another Browser. Every Browser I checked seemed to require windows xp or vista. Finally found The World Browser , downloaded it and now I am able to get back on line but now my C/A/D function doesn't work.
Also when I re-installed my windows 98 I made the mistake of putting in the password function when I start up my pc. Now I would like to remove the password function and don't know how to do that. pls help
Old September 25th, 2009, 11:38 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi velcro. Do you know about OldVersion.com? You can download older versions of IE, Firefox and lots of other software that will run on Windows 98 (IE up to IE6 and all versions 2.00 of Firefox). Do you think the situation with CAD is related to the installation of World Browser? If so, download either IE or Firefox and uninstall World Browser once you have verified that you can get online with the new browser.

See here for help getting rid of that pesky password prompt.
Old September 26th, 2009, 04:58 PM

Talking CAD gone bye bye

many thanks ann marie for info. on old versions.com for downloads on old IE and Firefox. And no I dont believe CAD problem caused by World browser as I had lost CAD long time ago before my pc crashed this time. I just learned to live without it but its been very frustrating having to repair my IE all the time and re-starting or having to shut down the computer manually and re-starting every time my pc freezes up. Ps, thot I was only guy in world who still trying to keep 98 system running.
Old September 27th, 2009, 01:28 AM
CTH Subscriber

You are welcome.

Quote:
And no I dont believe CAD problem caused by World browser as I had lost CAD long time ago before my pc crashed this time. I just learned to live without it but its been very frustrating having to repair my IE all the time and re-starting or having to shut down the computer manually and re-starting every time my pc freezes up.
Maybe be an issue with your keyboard. Have you tried plugging in another one to test if it's a hardware problem?
Old October 10th, 2009, 06:25 PM

Hi Ann Marie, Finally found a different keyboard and the CAD function works on it.
Thanks for your help. You can delete my post.
Old October 10th, 2009, 08:28 PM
CTH Subscriber

That's good news velcro and thanks for the update.
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velcro
Hi Ann Marie, Finally found a different keyboard and the CAD function works on it.
Thanks for your help. You can delete my post.
Excellent!

I guess those techs telling you to trash your computer were full of it!!

Win98se rocks