Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:56 AM

Malicious application

I have an application in my start up group that is called "Shuzemid" and will not let me do anything on the internet without shutting down my browser; it does the same on Word. I have figured out that although I can’t find the application it creates a .dll file in my Windows folder, I can go in and change the extension of the file restart my computer and it works fine. I don’t know that it matters but the filename is about 15 random letters and each time when they reappear they are different. The next time I shut my computer down and restart it happens all over again. Please help me! I have run EAV Antivirus Suite, Spyware Doctor and RegCure. I don’t have the money to go out and spend a lot when I don’t know if it’s going to fix my problem.

Thanks,
Melody
Old April 15th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Banned

1. try to disable from start up ( start > run > type msconfig > in last tab disable this items )
2. try to scan your computer by using some good spyware removal tools like MALWAREBYTES software. it is easily available on net free.
Old April 15th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Banned

As you have mentioned that , malicious application is in your startup
so you can remove this application from startup. by going to the Msconfig > startup and after that remove that application from the starup .
After that follow these steps
1 Download and intall the Malwarebytes on your computer .
2 Update your Malwarebytes .
3 Scan your computer for all the malwares in your computer .
4 Remove all the malwares , found while scanning with the malwarebytes .
5 Restart your computer ,

This will solve your issue .
Old April 16th, 2009, 11:38 PM

Perfect fix! Thanks!!