Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old August 29th, 2007, 02:24 PM

Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1

We've just purchased a license for Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1 here at work and are having difficultly figuring it out.

First off, can someone point me in the direction of an online user manual? I can't seem to locate one (if there is one) on the website.

Second, we have a few different machines here in the office and we're looking to simply create an image of each machine on DVD/CD so that if one of these machines ever crashes, we can quickly restore using the the DVD/CD. This would alleviate the problem of using the Windows CD to do a clean install and perform patches and updates. Can someone outline the steps do this?

Also, I'm wondering if it's possible to create an image so that once we restore the image to another machine, Acronis won't actually be installed on the new machine? Seems that the way it is right now, any machine we clone will have Acronis installed and I am trying to avoid having to uninstall it every single time we do a clone.

Thanks
Old August 30th, 2007, 07:40 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Alternative consideration

Sorry, don't know much about your issue, but for the other machines you could consider Drive Image XML which is freeware. I have used it many times and am not a computer junky. It hasn't given me one moment of grief. It plugs into Bart'sPE builder and away you go. All directions are on the website. I have used it on at least 5 machines now and it works flawless. One of my favorite pieces of software out there. And just because of this software I can redo my laptop every 6-12 months in less than 1 hour.

http://www.runtime.org/dixml.htm

Enjoy.
Old August 31st, 2007, 08:47 PM

Here you'll find the User Guide.
If your pcs with different hardware you should use Universal Restore for Acronis® True Image 9.1 Workstation. This utility allows to restore to different hardware.