Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old June 22nd, 2007, 03:37 AM

Random shut downs.

This computer ive been working on has one problem.... It shuts off randomly.

So I firstly suspected a virus ... I re formatted to windows xp pro and installed it (It needed to be done anyway)

So I boot up into the cd rom drive and windows begins to go through the process and installs restarts and shuts off. So I turn it back on ... and it says that NTDLR is missing ... So I booted up using the windows cd and went into the recovery console ... as soon as I pressed which partition I wanted to work on ... it shuts off.

So the problem with it shutting off randomly couldn't be a virus (im pretty sure).
And before that I suspected it over heating ... so I opened it up with A CONSIDERABLE amount of dirt clogging all the fans... so I cleaned it out and turned it back on to go to recovery console ... AGAIN as soon as I try to choose a partition it shuts off.

So Ive eliminated the possibilities that it could be A virus, power supple issue, or over heating issue (since the problem occurs as soon as I press a key on the key board in the recovery console). Im still going to attempt to swap the power supply out JUST in case.

SO NOW Its either a mother board, memory or hard drive issue... I don't think it has anything to due with IRQ's conflicting or drivers since it doesn't even have to load them for this to happen. Im leaning towards a memory issue.

Just thought Id get peoples inputs :]

And thank you.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 02:48 PM

Your on the right track... can't really help to much .