Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 18th, 2015, 07:25 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Shockwave Flash-Firefox

I believe there was a post here somewhere on this topic. Couldn't find it so I'm starting new thread.

I'm beginning to see that Shockwave Flash has become an issue of recent. Everytime I go to another web page, or currently scrolling through one, I continue to get a popup asking if I want to continue or stop script/plugin from running. Clicking on "stop" clears the hang up, but it goes on thereafter.

I asked someone if I should uninstall flash and reinstall. I did. And I still get the same (#@$%!!*#) warning asking if I want to continue or stop plugin (with Flash-latest/newest version 18).

I wonder if this has become a frustrating event for anyone else here. I thought I was going to solve issue with uninstall process.

What else should I do to end this annoyance? I saw other post by member using Chrome. I'm on Firefox. What is the latest on solving this problem? And if Adobe is aware of it, are they addressing the issue? I'm worried about security holes that could be exploited. I would love for Adobe to send us a patch to fix it. WE should be burning up their phone lines.

And please feel free to contact me on Skype too. I'm generally available after 4 PM MST.

Cordially,

A Frustrated English Teacher.

Last edited by english teacher; September 18th, 2015 at 07:29 AM.
Old September 19th, 2015, 02:03 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
try going into your addons and click on plugins. you should be able to tell it to remember or always use (something like that) in the dropdown box beside flash and shockwave. I am not using firefox at the moment and dont have it installed on the computer I am currently on so I cannot give the exact steps.

Personally I have gotten fed up with firefox, flash and all the autoplaying videos on the different webpages so I have been using chrome more and more.
Old September 19th, 2015, 06:03 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Thanks for the heads up on the addon's menu. Was not aware of that option. I will have an update in next day or so to let you if this solves this issue.