Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:43 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Wireless laptop dropping signal frequently.

My concern with this is being hacked.

My laptop keeps dropping connection every 1/2 hour or so. Have to repair connection to get it up and running again. Pages are very slow to load if at all. This has been going on for the past 2 weeks. Are tv's went down about a week ago and had my cable service reset it all cable/internet. Lasted for about a day and my laptop went back to the same way. All the other laptops/desktops in the house have no issues with loss of connection.

Now on April 23 I made a purchase on ebay through paypal with my visa. Tonight I received a message to call visa as my card was compromised.
Sure enough there were four fraudulent transactions made today April 26.

Do you think this is a case of being hacked? If so how do I stop it?

I am on a secure connection through my provider(so I thought).
Running Avast for virus protection. Have run malaware, spybot, adaware all clean results.
Please any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:51 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Any suspicions you have about malware or your PC being hacked into should be posted on the dedicated malware forum here: http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25