Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > MacOS

Notices

MacOS Problem solving for all MacOS versions

Topic Tools
Old September 10th, 2006, 10:46 PM

Can't see videos on my iPod

Hi there. I am running iTunes v6.05 under Mac OS Tiger. Here's what happened...

I had loaded some 35BG of music and videos onto my 60GB video iPod, and was able to see TV shows and videos neatly arrayed under the Video menu on the iPod. Life was sweet. Then my Mac's hard drive died...and to my own shame and dismay, I had not backed up the iTunes library. Sadness and despair.

After I got a new system volume setup and running on my Mac, I found and downloaded a utility called iPodRip which I used to retrieve the huge music library from my iPod back over to my Mac. With this neat little utility, I rescued all of my library, with only a very small amount of mislabeling and confusion. After iPodRip was done, when I associated the iPod with the new library, it proceeded to wipe the iPod and reload the "new" library onto it.

Here's there the problem comes in. Since reloading the iPod, I do not see any of the TV shows or other videos I've loaded. They show up just fine in the iTunes library on the Mac - I can watch videos on my computer screen with no problem - but under the Videos entry in the iPod menu, all I see are a bunch of audio songs (!?), and under the Music Videos sub-heading I can view the videos that came with the new Dave Matthews and Chili Peppers albums. None of the "Commander In Chief" episodes that appear in my iTunes library show up on my iPod.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,
-Michael Fisher
michael_r_fisher@yahoo.com