Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old August 30th, 2012, 05:36 PM

want to force vsync off on intel GPU

Hello,

Last night I played a video game called counterstrike (v1.6) for the first time years. Its great fun. A problem arose though, that I have been unable to solve. I have searched the internet for a solution for 3 or 4 hours and have yet to find a solution.

The Problem: I have an Intel(R)HD Graphics (Crore i5) Graphics Card in my Acer aspire 5740-6025 Laptop. The game counterstrike v1.6 for some reason runs MUCH better with vsync "off" in openGL. However there is no way in "Intel Graphics Media and Control Panel" to turn vsync off. The only options that exist are "on" and "application settings". I know of no way to turn vsync off in the game, and have been unable to find, after hours of searching, a way to turn it off ingame.

These are the solutions I have tried and that I have failed at, or have failed me:
-trying older drivers (tried all three that I could find)
-searching for custom drivers such as omegadrivers (note this might still be a solution, because I was unable to determine for certain if they had a driver for my video card)
-changing the vsync in game (as far as I know not possible)
-searching for a registry edit online (none found)
-looking for video card tweaking software that is compatible the Intel(R)HD Graphics (Crore i5)

Some of the above may still be a possible solution but I was unable to get them to work on my own. I thought it may be possible to run some sort of low resource consuming program that would trick my card into running with vsync off, but I have not looked nor know how to do this. I have also thought of upgrading the video card for the laptop (dunno if its possible). I can not afford a whole new computer unless someone knows how to get a decent gaming PC for 100 dollars and under lol.

Anyway I realize this problem is probably a challenge, as I have found no easy solution after googling for hours. Basically where others have ended up is complaining to Intel, and trying to get them to update the driver. Any advice as to what might have the most success or possible ways to solve the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Cody

BTW I was not sure where to which forum to put this post in, I apologize and thanks for moving it if need be :-)
Old August 5th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Banned

Thanks for sharing