Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:20 PM

Ask - how to remove?

I inadvertently downloaded something which installed the Ask page/toolbar instead of my preferred Google. I run the latest version of Firefox.

I've tried removing it in the 'add and remove programs' and even download the 'remove Ask' widget, nothing's worked

How do I get it GONE please? Thankyou
Old October 13th, 2010, 08:45 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
try uninstalling the program that came with the toolbar.
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:04 AM

not 'Asked for' Ask

I was told that it was probably installed when I downloaded something. Not a program.

I download from utorrent but run spybot have avast and zone alarm. How do I get rid of bloody unAsked for 'Ask'?
Old October 22nd, 2010, 12:40 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
...Uh, Ask installs itself with PROGRAMS and programs are typically DOWNLOADED to your computer so uh yeah =\.

Anyway, if you have the toolbar, it should be able to be uninstalled through Firefox prefs. If you don't have a toolbar but have search redirets, go to about:config and search for "ask". Anything that comes up which references ask.com in the RIGHT column, right-click on the left column and pick 'reset'. There is one entry which will simply say "Ask"; on that one click "Modify' and type in "Google".