Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old January 24th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Malware Removal Team Advisor

Here's a link to a thread with some ideas on Security programs to consider.

http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...ad.php?t=64492
Old February 1st, 2012, 12:13 AM

I ran Malwarebytes just for the heck of it and it didn't find anything. I just realized though, my Windows updates are not happening and when I click on Windows Update, it won't even open. Then I realized it's because I need to open it with Internet Explorer. Downloaded IE once again, it goes through the whole process fine, asks me to restart, I restart, and then no IE. No shortcut, no icon, nothing. If I go to Windows Explorer and open up the IE file, there are files there but I am not sure which one to click on to make it work. I did try the one that looked like it just said Microsoft Internet Explorer but nothing happens. Why won't it work?

Last edited by dmatt; February 1st, 2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old February 15th, 2012, 11:46 PM

Still can't get IE to load but I wanted to say thanks for all the help. I really appreciate all the time spent.