Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old October 27th, 2006, 02:29 AM

This was written by someone dying of cancer.

This says a lot to each of us if you read it .. Very touching indeed.

Quote:
This is a copy of a post strictly in Kenna/FYL words

All I want to say. Most people want good things to be said about them. I'd prefer the truth. I was basically a fine gal, and I had some nasty traits at the same time. Anyone who's reading this knows exactly what I mean. They can see the same things in themselves if they didn't know me well enough to know my faults.

You who know what I ***** I could be and loved me anyway, you guys are really special to me.

I'll be cremated. I don't care where you scatter the ashes. Use them for kitty litter or even flush them if you want. Just don't bury them someplace or keep them in a container and pretend I'm there. I'm not there. I'm here, inside the person who's reading this and inside anyone who has ever told me I helped make their lives better. Don't put a headstone anywhere and then go there sometimes and plant flowers, as if you're visiting me. I hate flowers. You don't have to go anywhere to visit me. I'll no longer be bound by time and space; all you have to do to visit me is think of me.

PLEASE, NO CRYING!! It's only death, after all. It isn't as if nobody ever died, or as if death is something a person either deserves or doesn't deserve. Nobody's to blame for death. God didn't take me. He tried a few times before but I didn't play along. They didn't need another angel in Heaven, I'm far too nasty for that. It isn't a punishment for anybody's sin, none of that nonsense. It's just death. It "ain't no big deal", the song says. Looking at nature, we can plainly see the end of one thing is always the beginning of something else.

If I had it to do over, I'd do everything sooner and more often. Life is short; eat good food, listen to good music, read good books, do a good job, enjoy the company of friends, forgive, forgive, forgive... and every chance you get, touch someone somehow.

Examine your rules, and if they don't work for you, get rid of them. No sad music at my funeral, and no grieving oratory. If you're going to remember my funeral, I want you to smile while you do it. Play the music I loved, and turn it up. I'm watching.

If I've ever touched your life in a positive way, it's your turn now. Pass it on. Touch someone else's life, help them grow and change in positive ways. If you try to take credit for it, it doesn't count, so keep your ego out of the way.

Hurting yourself is stupid. Stop it. Smoking, drinking, using drugs, eating lousy food, staying angry or stressed, remembering past hurts, working a job you hate, and hanging out with people who treat you poorly are all self-abuse. Do something else. Do anything else. Best of all, remember my direction: you are you're own king/queen, you can do anything.

And last, but not least........

ROLL TIDE!

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. "
God bless you all
Old October 27th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Banned

O/S: Windows XP Home
Very moving.. thanks TheDude
Old February 6th, 2024, 04:42 PM

I guess it reminds us all how fragile we are
Old March 5th, 2024, 05:12 AM

Living with cancer is a daily testament to the preciousness of life. Each moment becomes more significant, every experience more poignant.
Amidst the challenges and uncertainties, there is a newfound appreciation for the simple joys: a warm embrace a shared laugh, the beauty of a sunrise. Every breath is a reminder of resilience and the courage to face adversity.

It's about cherishing the present, finding strength in the support of loved ones, and embracing hope for the future. Despite the hardships, life retains its value, shining brightly amidst the shadows of illness.
Old March 5th, 2024, 09:14 AM

Yes welcome to CTH!

People think they know how to cure it but are too greey with how much $$$$$$$$ it brings in.......... Its very sad if true!!