Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old November 3rd, 2008, 11:58 PM

Question old software, new os?

Does anyone know if it is possible to install older software onto windows vista systems? Specifically Microsoft office 2000 and older games (95/98/me compatible)?

Does this system have the same kind of backward compatibility wizard that XP had?

Thanks
Old November 4th, 2008, 12:19 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
office 2000 will though I think there are some problems with outlook. I would suggest doing a custom install and try installing outlook separately. As far as the older games - doubtful. However if you post the name of the games, maybe someone here will know for sure.