Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old August 16th, 2003, 04:44 PM

Some games crash, some games dont

ok this is really weird. i have Battlefield Installed alon with midnight club 2 and sim city 4. Now i recently put in this new motherboard (Asus a7v8x-x) and things have not been working too smoothly. I have went through 3 NIC cards, because they have not worked, and things jsut are not running smoothly. Now When i play battlefield, i can play for about 3 minutes, then my game freezes, i go to play midnight club 2, and THAT freezes as well. BUT when i play sim city 4, it runs like a dream with the quality high. I have all the patches updated for my games, so what could be the problem, should i repair windows.

O/S Windows XP
Video card- Geforce 3TI 500
Motherboad- Asus A7V8X-X
512 ddr pc2100 RAM
DirectX9 INSTALLED
Old August 18th, 2003, 07:43 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi shaneomac - just to eliminate a software compatiblity issue, have you tried running the games that you are having problems with in Compatiblity Mode? Check out these links HOW TO: Use the Program Compatibility Wizard in Windows XP and HOW TO: Use Windows Program Compatibility Mode in Windows XP

If you are still having problems after trying this suggestion, I'll transfer your topic to the Hardware Forum if no-one else has any ideas.