Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old January 16th, 2015, 08:49 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Ninjaken ,thanks a million for all your effort ,the dvd was changed and finally got the installation working,it was a long long journey.I've learned so much with this experience.
cheers lcyber
Old January 16th, 2015, 09:20 PM

You're welcome!
Old March 4th, 2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaken View Post
Hello lcyber

firstly you need to check that your cd/dvd drive is working correctly, to do this you need an operating system to work with. Put your old drive back into you computer (remove or leave the SSD disconnected for the time being) and start up. Your computer should boot to your old windows, now put the Windows installation disk into the dvd drive, it should now autoplay giving you either an option box with two options "Run setup.exe" and "Open folder to view files" or Windows setup will start automatically and you will get a small Windows 7 box with "Install now", if neither of these happens go to "computer" and try to open the disk in your dvd drive from there, If you get the message "please insert a disk into cd/dvd drive" try the other installation disk.If the same thing happens it is best to replace the dvd drive since it is unlikely (although not impossible) that the two disks are faulty.

Please try this first and post the result, what to do next is dependent on the outcome.

Also, if you have made any changes in your BIOS I suggest you reset to the default settings!
I am trying to install windows 7 pro after formatting the ssd and I am not getting any response other than ,boot manager missing.It is puzzling me as to how the dvd can work without an operating system on it , as putting an operating system on, is exactly what I am trying to do,I've gone astray here somewhere.When I disconnect my old drive after seeing if the dvd is working ok, by removing ,it so I can connect the ssd , I create a need for the dvd player to have an operating system to rely on .
Old March 5th, 2015, 04:01 PM

Your computer is trying to boot from your hard drive! You need to set your DVD drive to be the first boot drive in your bios (this can be changed back to your hard drive after the OS is installed).

Last edited by ninjaken; March 5th, 2015 at 04:07 PM.
Closed Topic