Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old February 13th, 2010, 01:01 AM

Smile Yahoo saves my log info I have vista???

When I l to yahoo.com and attempt to put in my user name and passward a drop down box appears and its already there, how do I stop that. I don't have box checked to save my info, I have vista and thought it may be a feature of vista.

I also have noticed a bar pop up across the top of my screen asking me do I want to save info which I do at times and other times not, when I want it to appear it doesn't lol lol.How do I control that ???
Thanks!
Old February 13th, 2010, 03:10 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Which web browser are you using? At the moment, I am on Firefox and a bar opens on password protected websites asking whether to save, not save, or never asked again. In the 'edit' tab of the menu bar, 'Preferences' can be selected, and then under 'Privacy' and "Security' these options can be altered, as desired.

If you are using IE or another browser, check the internet options in their menus - good luck and please reply back if you find the reason(s) and solutions - might help others?
Old February 13th, 2010, 04:46 PM

Thanks I am use firefox and is the edit next to file?? I don't see Preferences

yes this is what I get too At the moment, I am on Firefox and a bar opens on password protected websites asking whether to save, not save, or never asked again.
thanks!
Old February 13th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I don't have the latest version of Firefox but on mine, it's under Tools>Options and in that window, under Security.
Old February 13th, 2010, 11:24 PM

I went to sercurity,passwards(under passwards the box was checked to remember passwards) and exceptions and yahoo was in the box, I deleted it and problem solved, I don't know how it got there because it won't let me add it back (just curious in case I ever needed to add something), kinda weird,

Thanks!

Last edited by perplexed; February 13th, 2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old February 14th, 2010, 02:05 AM

Old February 14th, 2010, 05:08 PM

well apparently that did not solve issue, I went to yahoo.com and attempted to put in my ID and there was 3 of my ID names in the drop down list again, any ideas . I am trying to figure this out.
Thanks for your help and patience.
Old February 14th, 2010, 06:13 PM

Go to the Yahoo page where you log in. Double click inside the box where you type your ID name. The drop-down list should appear.

Use the down arrow key on the keyboard (not the mouse) to select the first one, then press the Delete (might be labeled DEL) key on the keyboard. Keep doing that until all are deleted.
Old February 14th, 2010, 06:22 PM

I have done that for days thanks no luck.
I did a search on yahoo for disable auto ID in yahoo and for firefox it said to go to tools, privacy and uncheck "remember search and form history" so I did so far it is fine lol so far! I assume it will go longer complete any on line forms but thats fine too. I just hope everytime I go to my fav sites I don't have to log in and out. I hope my login info on those sites will be saved.

Thanks again.
J