Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:31 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Photoshop takes 10+ seconds to open any image (Win7-64)

Hey all,

I recently built two new PC's for our design staff. They are both Windows 7 64bit systems with i7 processors, 4 & 8GB of DDR3, XFX 4770s, and one has a Corsair solid state disk. Both are very nice machines and run well other than the following issue:

Photoshop (32bit and 64bit) takes a very long time to open image files. Most of the images we work with are on file servers on our network, but even local files take a long time, easily up to 10 seconds for a local 500kb file. Once the file is open, everything is fine. This is unacceptable as they open hundreds of images a day, and their old P4 systems with 2GB DDR were much faster.

The rest of the CS4 suite works beautifully, I've installed all Adobe updates as well as Windows updates.

I am at a loss and can't seem to find any help via Google. Hope someone here can help!
Old June 30th, 2010, 05:18 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Update:

For anyone with a similar problem, it seems to be related to the way Photoshop stores/uses recent file data. If I clear the recent file list, I can open 10 high resolution images locally in about 4 seconds, and in about 10 seconds over the network.

I've tried setting the number of recent files to 0 in the Photoshop settings, and also Denying the user read/write access to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\MediaBrowser\MRU\ Photoshop.

Neither made any difference. Any ideas?