Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old October 9th, 2005, 10:19 PM

Not copying/pasting from websites!

This is really pissing me off, and I have no idea how it happened.

A day or so ago, I tried to copy and paste a URL into the address bar, but it wouldn't work. I could copy it all I wanted, but the paste option never worked- it was always gray.

I can copy things from word documents into other word documents and such things, but pasting things from a word document into a website never works, and vice versa.

Does anyone know what is going on? Some setting I need to reset? Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, but I didn't know where else to post it.
Old October 12th, 2005, 03:52 AM

Really? Nobody can help me at all? Or at least point me in the right direction- hell, any direction?
Old October 12th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
First check to see that the copy part is working. Copy an URL and see if it will paste into Notepad or Wordpad. If not, extract a new "clipserv.exe" from either your Windows installation CD or the I386 folder (if present) on the harddrive to see if that fixes things.

To extract a file, go to Start>Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotes), click OK. On the General tab, click the "Expand file" button.

The file you want to extract is clipserv.exe, extract it from either the Windows CD in the CD drive or C:\I386 and save it to C:\Windows\System32.