Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old February 18th, 2008, 10:32 PM

Having problems with computer

Well, i dont really know much about computers so if anybody decides to help me it would be nice if it was made really clear for me thanks

Anyway, My computer was working fine one day and the next day it would not work at all. It started working for about 20 minites then shut down and started to restart itself. I turned it off via the wall and attempted to restart. It loaded as normal but once it got to the stage after the "Windows" loading screen it shown me a box saying "Isass.exe - System error Object not found". Once i clicked ok it kept restarting and giving me the same message. I've tried to look up what to do but unfortunatley i have not understood what i've read up to now

If anyone could help me i would be extremly thankful, i have some coursework due and need to have access to my computer soon

Thanks guys,
Matt
Old February 18th, 2008, 11:32 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
In the future never unplug it by the wall, that is to only be used a the very last resort. Always if able turn the computer off the normal way from the start menu, if that doesn't work, then hold the power button and let the computer power off.

As for your error message, it seems that you are missing windows files. I would suggest doing a system repair, if you follow these step correctly, you should be fine and shouldn't lose your data, as this is just to repair missing or damaged windows files.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ps/doug92.mspx

(Note: This works both with a windows xp cd or the oem cd that came with your computer)