Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old January 22nd, 2008, 11:54 PM

O/S: Windows Vista
Angry Don't never get windows vista:

I just bought a new gateway computer. It came with windows vista. Since that time i had so many problems.Now i'm having problems with not being able to log in to my websites, can't print nothing, can't click on any buttons, can't email anybody, all my websites says on the bottom of the pages done with errors on page.My scanner is suppose to be compatible with vista but i can't add it to the computer. Also alot of these softwares that claim they fix problems they also claim it's compatible with vista but there not.Those softwares cause more problems. I think since i downloaded and installed error smart that is what screwed up the computer it was suppose to be compatible with vista.The night before i added error smart i didn't have as many problems that i do now.The webpages shrunk down and moved to the left side.Can't read anything because it was small.

Last edited by Dale777; January 23rd, 2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:32 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hmmmmm, so it's a Gateway AND Dell computer??? Well if you are having that much trouble with it and it's brand new, then just take it back where you bought it and get your money back.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:51 AM

Angry My computer:

It's new but still it's 8 months old.I can't afford to hire a tech to fix it so i was looking for online free help to talk me thru getting it fixed plus free software to fix errors.I made a mistake , the computer is a gateway.

Last edited by Dale777; January 23rd, 2008 at 01:23 AM. Reason: made mistake:
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:03 AM

messikin03 are you sure that the information you put on your reply to me is the correct information about my computer because i don't know that kind of information when i joined this website and there was questions about my computer i couldn't answer.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:03 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale777 View Post
It's new but still it's several 8 months old.I can't afford to hire a tech to fix it so i was looking for online free help to talk me thru getting it fixed plus free software to fix errors.
Dale - first, welcome to the CTH Forum! Second, you'll need to provide more information, just as starters is your computer a GATEWAY or a DELL? How old is the computer - 'several 8 months old' does not make much sense to me? Is this a laptop or desktop & what version of VISTA are you running? What is the warranty from the correct brand company? Also, I'm assuming this is a new computer, so that VISTA should have been well integrated into the hardware?

Once you received the computer, what did you do? VISTA is very sensitive to the hardware & software being runned on the system - did you install legacy software & hardware devices?

How are you connected to the internet & what anti-viral & other malware software are you running?

I'm running VISTA on a fairly new DELL laptop and am not having any problems, so your numerous issues seems excessive - a little more information may allow others to better respond - good luck!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:19 AM

It's a gateway, so i made a mistake.It is 8 months old.It's a desktop.Vista home premium.It came with a one year warranty and i bought an extended warranty.I didn't install any legacy or hardware devices.It came with macafee then later i installed norton.I am connected to the internet thru a modem with cable.Good luck with vista you'll need it!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:42 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale777 View Post
It's a gateway, so i made a mistake.It is 8 months old.It's a desktop.Vista home premium.It came with a one year warranty and i bought an extended warranty.I didn't install any legacy or hardware devices.It came with macafee then later i installed norton.I am connected to the internet thru a modem with cable.Good luck with vista you'll need it!
Well, I've had VISTA on the Dell laptop for about 7 months - if you peruse the threads in the VISTA forum here, there are plenty of testimonials from others about absolutely hating VISTA & others stating that it works fine if you're careful - your don't have much option now if unhappy w/ VISTA - going to XP is a pain (again, plenty of posts on this transition) - you are still under warranty - what are your options w/ GATEWAY regarding returns and/or getting techincal help - might want to start there first?

I'm also not sure 'what type' of software you've attempted to install on this 'new' computer - VISTA compatible, VISTA certified, etc. are different - are you sure that the software installed was indeed ready for VISTA?

Plus, you mentioned not being able to print - what is the printer being used & are VISTA certified drivers available?

Finally, you mentioned changing your anti-viral programs - did you completely delete the original one that came w/ the computer - just concerned that you might not be fully protected? Is the Norton an 'Internet Security Suite'? What are you malware programs running currently? You might have an 'infected' system as a cause of some of your problems - if that is possible, then visit the 'Cyber Safety Forum' - look @ the guidelines, and post a 'Hijack This' log - plenty of great help there - obviously you're PO over this Windows OS, but just trying to offer you some options in getting a handle on the problem(s) & where to go?