Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old January 22nd, 2007, 05:46 AM

Exclamation Vista Crash when Playin AVI / MPEG / DVD etc.

As soon as windows media player or VLC or PowerDVD tries to play any video the screen goes black and flickers.

if already tried getting the latest drivers for my 7900GT video card and installing "Vista Codecs Pack 2.2".

what did work though is running a DVD using XP within Virtual PC

Any help would be much apressiated

thanks in advance...
Old January 22nd, 2007, 06:09 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
was the version of VLC or Power DVD made for vista?
i think VLC relies on the PC having a DVD player program such as Power DVD
so make sure your version of Power DVD is made for vista, if not you need to find a DVD player program made for vista
Old January 22nd, 2007, 06:12 AM

Not Sure, but i hav just uninstalled my audio drivers and the video plays back fine,. so im betting its got something to do with my audio drivers.

audio card is onboard ASUS P5b motherboard.
i downloaded the vista drivers from the asus site and still same problam. video only plays back without crashing if my audio drivers are disabled or uninstalled