Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old April 10th, 2007, 07:07 AM

Question Windows Vista

HI: Does anyone know if when you get Windows Vista basic, if Microsoft Office Word is still a part of the features that comes with the Vista Basic.
Old April 10th, 2007, 07:22 AM

No, it doesn't include Word or Excel or Outlook or Powerpoint.

See the end user features here:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista

Word or the whole Office program cost a lot of money; try to get a student version for about a third of the cost if you are in full time education.

Or get the FREE Open Office http://www.openoffice.org/ which is compatible with Word to a large extent. You can read Word documents and I believe you can save in Word format but without some of Word's more elaborate features which you probably don't need.

See the last paragraph:-
http://www.openoffice.org/product/writer.html
WRITER can of course read all your old Microsoft Word documents, or save your work in Microsoft Word format for sending to people who are still locked into Microsoft products.

Last edited by Wickham; April 10th, 2007 at 07:36 AM.
Old April 10th, 2007, 06:20 PM

Thankyou for your help. Does Windows Vista Premium have Outlook, office word, Outlook etc.?

Thankyou Pat
Old April 10th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
As far as I know, Microsoft Office suites have never been included in Windows at no extra charge. It's always been a separate purchase. Many manufacturers offer it as an option and will preinstall it which make it look like it's included in Windows. However, the buyer paid extra for it.

So, to answer your question, no, Vista, regardless of version, does not include Office.
Old April 10th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Also, sometimes a 60 day trial may be included which may also be confusing you.
Old April 10th, 2007, 09:31 PM

when i got my new pc with vista premium it didn't have it. so i just used the one that came in a bundle soft ware with my other pc that had xp on it.
Old April 10th, 2007, 10:16 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson44512 View Post
when i got my new pc with vista premium it didn't have it. so i just used the one that came in a bundle soft ware with my other pc that had xp on it.
however, using the bundled software from another computer could be a violation of oem eula - It is a violation if you installed most microsoft products

Last edited by renegade600; April 10th, 2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old April 11th, 2007, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
however, using the bundled software from another computer could be a violation of oem eula - It is a violation if you installed most microsoft products
how can that be if i own the copy i have? it is not installed any more on the other pc. one more question is microsoft works suite the same as micro soft office?

Last edited by wilson44512; April 11th, 2007 at 05:53 AM.
Old April 11th, 2007, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson44512 View Post
how can that be if i own the copy i have? it is not installed any more on the other pc. one more question is microsoft works suite the same as micro soft office?
If the bundled software was registered for one computer but you only installed some programs and did not install Office, then installed and registered Office on another computer, it might show as being registered to two computers. However, some Microsoft products allow two uses. I've got Office 2002 on two computers because the terms af use allowed it at the time.

Microsoft Works 8 is TOTALLY different to Office. Different spreadsheet with a different file name extension, different word processor and different database and it has Outlook Express which is totally different from Outlook.

It can read Office products but I find it difficult to save and use with Office products. I got it on my XP computer then bought Office so I have both on one computer but I haven't used Works for three years.

However, Works Suite does have Word while Microsoft Works 8 has a word processor which is very different from Word.

Last edited by Wickham; April 11th, 2007 at 07:41 AM.