Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old January 28th, 2007, 10:54 AM

Reinstall windows xp from vista

Well I tried the windows vista beta, just to see what all the new features was like but then I couldn't play any of my pc games and it became a bit of a problem. So then I wanted to install my windows xp back on my computer. And right before it gets to the Agreement page in the XP setup (Where you agree with F8). I will get the blue screen of death.

I didn't make a backup

that's the exact screen I will get before windows can even get to the agreement in the setup.

1. I tried formating, since windows vista only allows me to format. As well as use killdisk. Both didnt help the problem.

2. I bought a new hard drive and tried to install my windows xp on it, same error happened as well. with the blue screen of death at the same exact place.

So now I'm stuck with this vista beta version and can't get my windows xp back on my computer and I been trying for about two to three days now.

May someone please help me so I can get back to my computer gaming.

Thank you for you generosity,

Troy

heres my pc specs.

http://cnet.nytimes.com/HP_Pavilion_...0.html?tag=sub

My computer uses SATA Hard drives. I bought a new one expecting it to work but when I tried to install my windows xp on it, It did the same error on the new hard drive.

For the version of vista I have the

Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)

and console recovery doesnt work. I deleted the FAT32 =( accidently with killdisk. I didnt know it would delete my Fat32.

Last edited by T_PAIN; January 28th, 2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old January 28th, 2007, 10:56 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
do you have a legit copy of xp? did you try cleaning the cd and the drive?
Old January 28th, 2007, 11:02 AM

Yes it's legit copy of windows xp. Cleaning, I don't know what you mean by cleaning them. I only have done a format using first the format option from windows vista. I can't format using the windows xp. It won't allow me to get to the agreement of the installation to begin making partitions. Right before the agreement, The blue screen of death happens. Not allowing me to install yet again. It happened on both my hard drives. And I thought the new one would work.
Old January 28th, 2007, 11:16 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
I mean clean the physical cd, making sure no fingerprints dust and stuff is on it. Cleaning the cd drive is cleaning the physical drive using a cd drive cleaner purchased at most discount stores.
Old January 28th, 2007, 11:19 AM

Alright, I didn't understand the meaning behind cleaning cd drive. Thanks for clarifying that. So purchase a cd cleaner and then it might work. But why only at the setup it has problems No other cd's have any problems when using them music cd's and dvd movies.

Renegade you might just be right, because when I opened my pc up to place in my new hard drive it had dust inside, I dont know how but it did. So that could be the problem. So now I have to wait in the morning since its 2am in the morning. Thank you so much renegade.

I been running from forum to forum trying to figure this out.

Thank you so much. I will let you know the results in a few hours.

heres my specs

http://cnet.nytimes.com/HP_Pavilion_...0.html?tag=sub

Last edited by T_PAIN; January 28th, 2007 at 12:27 PM.