Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old February 5th, 2009, 03:59 PM

O/S: Windows Vista
Explorer.exe

Well, just recently I restarted my computer and whenever it logs on there is no taskbar or anything just my wallpaper and My Documents folder. So I have to manually start explorer.exe (through task manager), then everything runs fine. Could you please help me fix this issue? (Also my other topic never got replied to in like 2 days, http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...d.php?t=193800, so I thought I would make this one).
Old February 6th, 2009, 12:58 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi Curtis. I had a look at the log you posted in your other topic and I can advise you that your operating system is infected. Not only that, your operating system has been corrupted and is unstable on both your C drive and your Compaq drive (recovery partition perhaps) and could fail to boot at any time.

I believe your best option is to contact HP/Compaq and obtain Recovery Disks to restore your operating system to factory default. Backup what you can while you are waiting for the disks to arrive.
Old February 6th, 2009, 07:35 AM

O/S: Windows Vista
Aww okay, guess I will have to call them as soon as I can. Thanks for the help.
Old February 6th, 2009, 10:33 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
You are welcome. I know this wasnt your first choice but it is very likely that your operating system also has a rootkit infection that we cannot see and goodness know what changes have been made to make your operating system unstable. Better to be safe than sorry.