Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old March 18th, 2007, 11:54 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Red face Help with firefox - speed

I've just downloaded and istalled ubuntu 6.1 I think and anyway I find that firefox is slow.....even after doing the tweaks........so I downloaded opera and same thing. Maybe theres some settings I need to change? I already changed the dns setting to the one Telus is using.... It seemed to help but can't really tell. It's not urgent but if anyone can think of anything that may help I would appreaciate it. I have xp home edition and ubuntu dual booting at the moment but ideally I would like to stick with linux.........Its a steep learning curve for me but I'm jumping in anyway. I've got a lot of reading to do! Thanks in advance.
When I'm in xp I notice a big difference in speed (like 50%)....