Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old September 2nd, 2007, 06:41 PM

Crashing, crashing, and more crashing

For the past week my computer has been crashing as regularly as I inhale air. Every now and then when my computer would restart after a crash, my computer would inform me about some error that occured with some random program. However, just yesterday after sending yet another error report, it directed me to the windows website and said that my nVidia graphics card was causing the problem and that I should update my driver. I followed their advice and I updated my driver, but my computer is still crashing and on start up I recieve two errors:

Error 30
NvuClockGet3dLimits fail !!

and

G-VGA.exe - Application error
The instuction "0x00000000" referenced memory at )x00000000". The memory could not read.

Click OK to terminate program

I've tried everything that I can possibly think of aside from reformating my computer. Any suggestions?

Edit: My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 6600

Last edited by DeathCheese; September 2nd, 2007 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Graphics card
Old September 2nd, 2007, 06:51 PM

Oops.. My computer didn't load the hardware part of the page XD. Moving to that section now.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:10 PM
CTH Subscriber

Which model? the agp or pci-x? that chip comes in both flavors. are you overclocking it? Try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the lates ones.