Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old July 8th, 2020, 03:54 AM

No sound

I purchased a new sound card and cannot get it to work. My old onboard sound card works, however only one speaker has any output, hence why I purchased a new sound card. It is a Sound Blaster Audigy RX PCI-E sound card. I have a dual boot Linux/Windows 10 and it does the same thing with Linux as with windows. Like I said my old onboard sound card works with either OS. I have several PCI-E slots and tried them all. I even took a functioning wireless card out of a PCI-E slot and tried that one but no luck. Is there something obvious I am overlooking?
Thanx so much
Jim
Old July 8th, 2020, 04:16 PM

Well I finally got it to work. I noticed on the box that it only supported win xp through win 8. So I went to the Creative site and got an updated driver for win 10. I also had to switch to a different PCI-E slot to get it to work with surround sound.
Kind regards
Jim
Old July 9th, 2020, 03:52 PM

I am glad you got it sorted out and thanks for coming back to post your solution.