Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows ME

Notices

Windows ME Problem solving for the Windows ME Operating System

Topic Tools
Old October 30th, 2004, 04:05 AM

Drive Designations Have Changed

After being plagued by a Trojan infection several weeks ago I find that my drive designations have changed from what they were before the infection. I have not been too concerned about it because I was more than happy that I got rid of the Trojans, however, now that the smoke has cleared I would like to change the designations back to where they were. Can someone advise me as to how to do this? I have Phoenix bios CTD 212 090701.

Thank you.
Old October 31st, 2004, 03:48 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Arrow changing drive designations

Quote:
Originally Posted by askolepaul
After being plagued by a Trojan infection several weeks ago I find that my drive designations have changed from what they were before the infection. I have not been too concerned about it because I was more than happy that I got rid of the Trojans, however, now that the smoke has cleared I would like to change the designations back to where they were. Can someone advise me as to how to do this? I have Phoenix bios CTD 212 090701.

Thank you.
On Windows.. Right click... my computer..select properties ..device manager.. You can click on Drives...(it will list your drives) Pick the one you want to change .. click on properties at the bottom of the window.. from there you can change the drive letter. Do the other drives the same way.. click ok and they should be changed. Hope this helps. Ben

Last edited by Bennie H Mineer; October 31st, 2004 at 03:55 PM. Reason: more info
Old October 31st, 2004, 04:00 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Arrow Drive designations.

There is another program called Tweek UI.... that will change them also, you have to download it. I personally do not like that program. To each his own. I rather use the one I described in the other post since it is already built into windows. Just thought I might add this. Good luck. Ben