Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old September 11th, 2004, 01:54 PM

Question Installing Backup Utility on Windows XP Home Edition

I want to install the Backup utility on my laptop, I found out on the net I needed to manually install it from the Windows XP CD. When I bought my Packard Bell laptop however, it came with Windows XP pre installed and the CD was not with the laptop or documentation. On the Installation Guide leaflet that came with my laptop, it says 'The CDs for most software (including Windows XP) are replaced by recovery data stored on the hard disk drive'. What does this mean, and where can I find the file needed to install the Backup utility? I've searched on my computer for the NTBACKUP.msi file which is apparently what I need, but it's not there. Can anyone help me?
Old September 12th, 2004, 08:03 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi LauraM5069 - see this Packard Bell FAQ On my Packard Bell computer with Windows XP Home Edition preinstalled, I do not have the utility Backup in my Start menu. How can I make backups now?