Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old June 13th, 2004, 12:02 AM

Laptops

The college I am going to requires I have a laptop. They have some I can purcahse though thier store (they say the prices are discounted, havn't looked yet), but they sell and service Gateway. I can buy other laptops if I want.

My question is Gateway a good laptop. If not what is best processor for a laptop? I prefer AMD processors for desktops; just FYI.

I'm only asking this because I perfer to build my own PC's so I don't really know too much about Laptops.
Old June 13th, 2004, 12:05 AM

Honestly I would go with Hp Laptops. Because I own 7 Computers. 3 Laptops and 4 Desktops and All of them are Hp. So yeah
Old June 13th, 2004, 12:20 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Which brand is the best is one of the most controversal questions you can ask. All brands are good. You only hear about the bad stuff about them. The brands that you hear the most complaints about are usually the brands that sells the most. Always remember those who are not having problems are usually the silent majority.

My suggestion is to check out cnet.com laptops section, they do reviews and users will also give reviews there. You can also find user reviews at epinions.com

Also when you find a laptop you like, type the brand and model and the word review into google and you will find alot of info that way.

I have a gateway desktop, hp desktop, compaq laptop and a hp laptop and had no problems with any of them

At work I have used an emachine, gateway, hp, dell and had no problems with those either.

If you find a computer you like, if it fits your needs and price go ahead and get it. If you are happy with it, who cares what others think.

Things to look at, features, is it too big to carry around. Laptops with 17 inch screens are heavy, very hot, and low battery life. Smaller laptops in general are light, won't be as hot and longer battery life. You can find other things to look at here.

Last edited by renegade600; June 13th, 2004 at 12:22 AM.