Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows 98

Notices

Windows 98 Problem solving for the Windows 98 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 29th, 2001, 08:05 PM

I Lost My CD Player

I am running an Iomega writer rewriter in drive D, and my Q drive will not play my audio CDs. I get the message, Windows cannot find CDPlayer.exe. This program is needed to open Audio CDs. I just shoved one in the Iomega too and got the same message. I have done the necessary searches and can't find it. My Computer lets me right click the Q drive, and then shows the files on the CD which will then play through my sound player on a double left click. How can I get it back to how it was, so that shoving in a CD starts it playing automatically.
Old August 29th, 2001, 11:59 PM
Malware Removal Team Advisor

Try this. Reinstall CD Player. Go to Start>settings>control panel>add Remove Programs>windows setup tab
Scroll to "multimedia" and double click on it. Check the CD Player Box. Press OK
You may be asked for your install CD.
If CD player is already checked, uncheck it, press OK and let Windows remove it. Go back in and reinstall. See if that makes a difference.