Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old March 22nd, 2015, 09:29 PM

Unhappy Deleting "My Pictures" in "Safe Mode with Command Prompt"

Hello! I really need help badly! I just got the "Department of Justice Virus" and the ONLY way I can start my computer without being locked out is in "Safe Mode with Command Prompt". My question is, how can I delete the entire folder of "My Pictures" through the prompt screen alone? If I bring computer somewhere for them to fix, I don't want them seeing my sketches of intellectual property for my patent that is still pending. I'm using Windows XP. I read this site http://www.cybertechhelp.com/tutoria...es-and-folders

and tried typing in C:\>rmdir "My Pictures", like he says, but it tells me "The system cannot find the file specified". Do I have to type in a whole string of how I got to "My pictures"? and if so, what exactly do I type?

I would ideally like to just remove this virus myself, but the only way to isolate it is with Trojan Killer in safe mode with command prompt, and it won't remove until I connect to the internet to activate (which of course I cannot do in safe mode).

I TRULY appreciate any input as soon as humanly possible. Thanks for your time, all.
Old March 22nd, 2015, 10:26 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Replied here.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 11:20 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
just saw you are getting help in the malware section so I deleted my post. You don't want to do anything else to your computer while you are getting help there.

Last edited by renegade600; March 23rd, 2015 at 11:23 AM.