Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old January 12th, 2011, 08:01 PM

acer arcade deluxe

hi ive had an acer aspire 5335 for about 2years and all of a sudden the acer arcade deluxe isnt playing dvds anymore its loading to main srceen but when i insert dvd it just freezes and then get a message saying program not responing was woundering if any 1 had any problems like this and could help me
Old January 12th, 2011, 11:21 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Didn't you get a CD with it containing the pre-installed applications & drivers? -- I did.
You can re-install the Acer Arcade Deluxe from that CD if you can find it, which will very likely fix the problem.

I've checked the Acer website and that application is not available on there.

You should be able to play DVD-video discs with Windows Media Player. Usually, on XP & Vista, Windows Media Player cannot play DVD-video, but with a third-party dvd-player installed (Arcade Deluxe) Windows Media Player should also be able to play them using the resources provided by Arcade Deluxe.