Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old February 28th, 2010, 08:29 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
AVG finds and fixes, yet still keeps finding trojans (moved from XP)

Is AVG still an AV of choice? I get mine to scan every day and almost never have had problems with viruses, until today.

It found 4 trojans and moved them to the vault. So I did the scan again, and it found 4 more... then again... and again...

Is it working fine? Is there a better product?

Below is a screenshot of my vault contents.

Old February 28th, 2010, 11:27 AM

did you turn system restore off before removing/ just a thought...
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:24 PM

bump
Old March 2nd, 2010, 06:39 PM

What will that do? System restore doesn't remove viruses, it just steps back to when the system was more stable, right?

The problem is replicating viruses and worms. What removal tool should I use would be more likely the action to take, no?

Last edited by Bigbadger; March 2nd, 2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old March 4th, 2010, 12:53 AM

Please help..
Old March 6th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Hello Bigbadger,

Once a thread has a few posts in it it appears to us as if one of us has replied. Let's take a look and see what all is there, then decide on any changes that need to be made.

To keep them from interfering with the repairs, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares while these steps are being completed. This can usually be done through right clicking the software's Taskbar icons, or accessing each software through Start - Programs.

Download RSIT (random's system information tool) from here to your desktop. Then click on the RSIT.exe to open the RSIT display, and click the Continue button.

If necessary allow it to locate or download a copy of HijackThis as needed.

Once the scan completes a textbox will open - copy/paste those contents here for review please. The log can also be found at C:\rsit\log.txt.

RSIT will also create a second log, info.txt, which will be minimized to your taskbar. Post that here as well please (it will also be stored at C:\rsit\info.txt).

You can break logs into parts and use separate posts here when replying and posting the log files, if needed.

--------------

Also click here and download the installer for Gmer to your desktop, then click that file to run Gmer.

Once the opening scan finishes, click on Scan (before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan).

When completed, click on the Copy button and rightclick on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and rightclick again and choose Paste. Copy the information and post it here please.
Old March 6th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Ah, missed that you had already started a new request thread here. I will close this duplicate request.
Closed Topic