Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old December 27th, 2008, 03:37 AM

O/S: Windows Vista
Guitar Hero: World Tour won't recognize 2nd guitar

I bought Guitar Hero: World Tour today for the Wii for my wife and I to play. We got the "cheap" version, just the game and one guitar, and we bought a second guitar for her. The problem is that, while the game will recognize one guitar, when we try to add another so that we can play together, the second guitar won't register. The Wii system won't even recognize a second remote. We've been trying for a couple of hours now with no luck.

When I plug my primary Wii remote into either guitar, the game and guitar work fine, so I know both of the guitars are good. When I try a different game, it recognizes both Wii remotes, so I know both remotes are good. I put in brand new batteries, tried the reset button on the Wii system, turning one or the other remotes on and off, pressing buttons 1 and 2, tried the red "sync" button inside the battery covers of both remotes, and everything else I can think of.

I like to think that I'm not an idiot, but I'm out of ideas. Am I just overlooking something, or does someone know how to fix this issue? Thanks for any help you can give me.