Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old January 6th, 2007, 06:08 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Exclamation laptop windows not booting-critical error displayed with a blue screen

my Toshiba Laptop 2400 Satellite series has got a serious problem.recently i searchd the way to skip past the validation process while installing windows media player 11 (WMP11).i downloaded a registry kind of file and WMP11 setup file.in the method it was told to run this registry file and click yes and enter,after which it was displayed that the information has been entered.next it was told to restart the computer...which i did.at the Login screen i could not Login.so i rebooted my laptop and started in SAFE mode.i succeeded to reach my desktop.i was asked whether to restore to previous restoration point.suspecting the malfunction i thought it wud be better to restore to a point which i created a day before i ran this registry file.so,i put PC on restoration.but suddenly half way through PC stopped.all lights went off.actually,it was on battery wich got exhausted becoz i forgot to put on AC power.now when i started it again with AC power.it boots upto the windows logo.after that i get a blue screen sayin...

STOP: c0000135 {Unable To Locate Component}
This application has failed to start because winsrv was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

after this jitter,i tried everything...Safe Mode,Last Known Good Configuration,Safe Mode With Command Prompt,etc..i mean everything that appears after pressing F8 key has been tried...but no solution.then i took out my Original Windows XP Professional Bootable CD and tried to re-install.but the PC doesnt boot from the CD.i then though of changing boot device priority by opening the Bios setup..but the BIOS setup never comes up.i mean this was the second shock for me.Now what i get is that Blue Screen with that beautiful message on it.i'm in serious trouble...please help me out.i dont have enough money to spend either as i'm just a student.
please help me please....i'll be very thankful to everyone who takes me out of this.please...
Prakhar
Old January 6th, 2007, 06:31 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar View Post
i searchd the way to skip past the validation process while installing windows media player 11 (WMP11).Prakhar
Howdy:

Why did you do this??

Murray
Old January 6th, 2007, 10:16 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
i wanted to skip validation becoz many other frends have done it and i wasnt able to install WMP11 without doing it.i thought lets give it a try.please help,i knw i'm in real trouble...but please help me out.
Old January 7th, 2007, 01:23 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Try THIS from Microsoft..

Murray