Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old August 3rd, 2005, 12:28 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Firefox Settings, Extensions, etc. gone

I had some problems updating Firefox, so I created a topic here. After updating Firefox, I tried to get the RoboForm form-filler, and it worked fine in IE, but everytime I opened Firefox, RoboForm told me there was an error and Firefox made me close it. After 3 tries, I tried uninstalling another extension that I thought might be causing (one that blocks all javascript except for those on a list). I restarted Firefox, and found that all my settings, bookmarks, extensions, etc. were gone. Does anybody know why this happened and how/if I can get my settings?

I just remembered, after the third time I restarted, I was asked which profile I would like to use for Firefox. I had the choice of Default, or to create a new one. I chose to create a new one. Could this be the problem, and if it is, how can I fix it?

Last edited by Pi rules; August 3rd, 2005 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Added profile info.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 12:56 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
Changing profiles could definitely be the problem. To get the profile manager back. Make sure firefox is closed. Then run "firefox.exe -p" and try selecting default to see if you get your extensions back.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 01:03 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
That was the problem. Thanks!!!

About RoboForm:
I read on Firefox's website that RoboForm has a new adapter that fixes it, but wasn't yet published on the Firefox extensions website.

Last edited by Pi rules; August 3rd, 2005 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Added part about RoboForm