Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old October 17th, 2004, 03:30 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Problems with playing Music CD's in Windows XP Professional

OK. I am going to try and go into as much detail as I can about this problem. Here's the problem.

Earlier this year, I have decided to build a new computer. I went out to the computer store and bought the parts and stuff for it. Then I built the computer, formatted the hard drive, partitioned it into 2 Primary partitions and 1 extended partition. I installed Windows 2000 Professional on my C:\ drive and Windows XP Professional on my D:\ Drive. In windows XP, evertime I go to play a music cd, I have a problem with my internet connection. If I am online and start playing music, all of a sudden, web pages will stop loading and I get disconnected from the internet right away. I am unable to reconnect to the internet when music is playing. The only way I can get back online is to stop playing the music. I don't know what the cause of this could be. My computer information is as follows.

ASUS a7n8x/vm400 motherboard with an AMD 2500+ Processor 1.8 GHz
256 MB DDR Ram
40 GB Hard drive divided into 2 primary partitions and 1 extended partition
Windows 2000 Professional on C:
Windows XP Professional on D:

I do not have any problems with playing the music on Windows 2000 at all. It is only XP that I have the problems with.

I use RealOne and Windows Media Player 9 to play my music CD's. What could be the cause of why I am having so many problems with playing music cd's on windows xp? Could it be my motherboard?