Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 31st, 2004, 12:08 AM

P-2040 Cant find Com Ports in Device Manager

I have a Fujitsu P-2040 Laptop which doesn't have a DB9 serial port. So I bought a USB-DB9 cable to do the job. When the P2040 found the device it installed it and gave it Com5. The program I'm uploading can only select Coms1-4, so I need to delete some non used ones and make the USB-RS232 #4. I cannot find the Com ports in the Device manager nor in the BIOS. Where would they be ? In device manager the USB devices show the "Human Interface Device" which is the cable connected (USB-DB9) but no ability to change the Com Port #. The upload/download program I'm using just has options for Com1-4 nothing for USB ???
Please Help

Last edited by goodshape; August 31st, 2004 at 12:46 AM.