Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old June 11th, 2004, 12:26 PM

Exclamation Another Page cannot be displayed - DNS error

Please help me too...
I CAN get online, and then display Web pages for quite some time and then all out of the blue i get this message displayed (Page cannot be displayed - DNS error)....even to sites i successfully visited a few seconds earlier....i have to reboot my pc for it to work again...then the same scenario after a couple of minutes....can anyone help??.

PC: Dell Optiplex, win 98, latest internet explorer with Cable connection to ISP with PC cillin with its Firewall protection. Only one PC connected
Old June 11th, 2004, 12:27 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
try deleting the files in your temporary internet folder.
Old July 2nd, 2004, 12:57 PM

dns error hell!

I have been having exactly the same problem as Johanvh for about three weeks now and its been driving me nuts!!!

I have run defrag, disk cleanup, norton and spysweeper, then, after having sucessfully mucked up my net connection in the control panel I reinstalled win2000 again which brought back net conection at least. However, that old problem is back again - I can surf for a while then that dns error comes up again and a reboot is the only option. Am trying a delete of tmp net files now and praying....!

By the way Hi I'm new here but very impressed by the knowledge!

di
Old July 3rd, 2004, 05:19 PM
CTH Subscriber

hi Di, welcome to CTH - for future reference please start a new thread for problems rather than tacking them to the end of existing ones

You're not with an ISP that cuts you off after a couple of hours or something are you?