Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old June 6th, 2008, 10:41 PM

Toshiba Power Cord Problems

I hope someone out there can help me. I have a very frustrating problem with my Toshiba laptop. Its a Satellite M55 and its about 3 years old. I recently had to replace the power cord because it was bent so much the wire was ruined, so I bought a universal cord online. Around the same time I had to recover the hard drive, and after both changes things were good. However just today my power cord started cutting out. If I plug the power cord in, the computer begins to recharge the battery. But as soon as I touch any key (not physically moving the computer...I first thought a loose connection) the computer stops recharging, the screen dims and slowly starts using the battery. I know its charging before because the front charging light comes on, the AC power charging icon shows up, and the battery % goes up. The "ON AC POWER" icon stays on the screen even after it dims and starts draining the battery but it no longer says "Charging". If I pull the plug out and plug it immediately back in it will start charging again! This is driving me nuts? Could I be infected? bad cord again?

Please someone help me!