Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old June 3rd, 2006, 05:41 AM

Flash sound not working in web pages - Help =/

Hey everyone, I hope someone can help me as I am at my wits end with this issue =/

The problem is this: I am having trouble with sound and flash movies/games/media of any sort on my computer. When, for example, I go to Neopets.com and try to play a game (flash games) they play just fine and the video works, but there is no sound. Any flash based site on the internet does not work as far as sound goes either. I have -no- flash sound.

I have downloaded and installed the latest flash, shockwave and directX, as well as updated my sound drivers. This problem started a few days ago, and there was nothing I did that would have triggered the issue that I am aware of. I don't seem to have any viruses or spyware (that I have found) and just... ugh. Any help on this issue would be GREATLY appriciated!

Thank you =)
Old June 3rd, 2006, 08:32 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
what browser? have you tried another browser?
Old June 3rd, 2006, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600
what browser? have you tried another browser?
I am using Firefox, but I have tried it in IE as well and it does the same thing
Old June 3rd, 2006, 09:27 PM

Anyone? I have seen people that have this issue on other boards, but nobody ever has an answer =/ It is really starting to get on my nerves, I hate problems like this