Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows ME

Notices

Windows ME Problem solving for the Windows ME Operating System

Topic Tools
Old January 29th, 2005, 04:11 AM

Error message- Run-time error '48': File not found: Psapi.dll

File not found: Psapi.dll

What happens is, everything works up to the point where it has my wallpaper. Then the mouse keeps having the loading sandthing... I get this message every once and I while when I mess with my comp. It wont go!!!!! please help
Old January 30th, 2005, 12:36 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
It's possible that your PC is infected with a rather nasty virus Xeno-Fenix. Does Windows load at all? If not, are you able to boot into Safe Mode (restart your PC and tap F8 as it restarts)?
Old January 30th, 2005, 04:56 AM

*Squeal* All I can get to is my mouse and my wallpaper...no icons...nothing else.

It goes into safe mode, but it gets to the same spot...eventually the mouse stops loading but there is no change after that...
Old January 30th, 2005, 05:06 AM

Although I do have a restore floppy....but when I get to the A:\> thing....I dont know what tpo type to make it restore...
Old January 30th, 2005, 08:21 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Try running scanreg /restore from a bootdisk Xeno-Fenix.

If you dont have a bootdisk, you will need access to another PC. Go here and download a bootdisk file to the PC. Put a formatted floppy disk in in the drive and doubleclick on the file to create the bootdisk (follow the prompts). Next, powerup your PC with the bootdisk in the drive.

At the command prompt A:\> type:

c:

Press Enter then type:

cd windows\command

Press Enter then type:

scanreg /restore (note the space after scanreg)

Press Enter

Follow the directions (remove boot disk first). You should be able to choose from a "started registry" using your arrow keys. Select a date when you know that the computer was running well from the first 4 (I dont think the 5th one works). When you have finished type "exit" (no inverted commas) and with a bit of luck, Windows will load.

The links to any software or hardware installed after that date will be lost so you will have to reinstall it.