Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old August 23rd, 2015, 07:15 PM

Jittery mouse pointer

I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell Latitude XT that had Windows Vista before. While installing the drivers that I downloaded from the Official Dell website , I noticed that the mouse pointer was jittering and unresponsive after each restart, it was unresponsive until I entered password , then I could move it with the mouse and it stopped jiyttering. Also same problem when a dialog box opens requiring a response to open an app or utility. Mouse is a e sourse wireless optical mouse, please help
Old November 5th, 2015, 06:56 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
I'm using Vista at the moment, and have had similar issue--which is still happens, but not as frequently. What I discovered (and I found out here and tech buddie from church) is after coming out of "sleep" mode or restart, for the next five minutes or so, my cursor would either freeze up or jump all over the place--then settle down later. With my machine, it was due to my printer (Cannon 210) hogging up all the memory to load up--and still cause problems after it was loaded. Another reason is if software is not installed properly (and it apparently does happen from what my friend said) it will affect OS on reboot/startup from scratch. It does not matter what the software is, if it's not loaded properly, or something on HD has a hicup, it could cause an improper install to the hard-drive. My fix was a complete disc scan, then defrag--after uninstalling software in question. Always uninstall first before doing scan. Reinstall, and it should be fine. It did come back again later which prompted me to give this machine to my friend and he solved the problem at his place. If you have CCleaner, that seems to help on this machine as I have not had the problem since. Running CCleaner or Glary Utilities once a week is sufficient.