Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old August 21st, 2015, 08:41 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
popup offering fee upgrade to windows 10 worth it?

Is this free upgrade to windows 10 worth it also is it likely to be genuine
Old August 21st, 2015, 08:54 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Microsoft is offering a FREE upgrade to Windows 10 for one year. If you have Windows 7/8 you can get the upgrade free.

I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and so far I do like it, it boots faster and operates faster and is more user friendly then Windows 8.1. Again it depends on your system on the speed .

Run the upgrade advisor:

http://www.intowindows.com/download-...grade-advisor/
Old August 21st, 2015, 09:14 PM

It shows that Intel(R) HD Graphics aren't fully compatible ,I will experience problems with my display.What options are available to get rund this problem.Not too fussed if the display is not HD as long as it's reasonably visible,I suppose I can't go back to windows 7 if it really is too bad ,without reloading the system
Old August 22nd, 2015, 01:28 AM

Once it upgrades to Windows 10 you cannot revert, unless you have a DVD with the full install on it.

You need to go to your motherboard manufactures page and see if there is a later graphics driver listed.
Old August 22nd, 2015, 12:23 PM

How do I tell the graphics driver is the latest one? what are the indicators
Old August 22nd, 2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf
I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and so far I do like it, it boots faster and operates faster and is more user friendly then Windows 8.1.
And it is more secure!
Old August 22nd, 2015, 06:32 PM

In device manager, right click on the Graphics item then to properties. Under driver it will give the date. It also tells you device name so you know the model.

Now go to the manufactures page and see if there is a later one.
Old August 24th, 2015, 12:01 PM

I went to manufacturers web page but couldn,t see it listed ,there were many but what I was looking for Intel(R)G33/631 express chipset family 23.9.2009 vers 8.15. 10.1930 Motherboard Gigabyte G31M-ES2L.I hope I was looking for the right component, i found it under Device manager,display.Does it follow that if I get the necessary part it will slot in like a card and disable the present one which is built into the motherboard.In getting this up todate component does it mean it will solve the compatability problem in going to Windows 10? I

Last edited by lcyber; August 24th, 2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old August 31st, 2015, 01:19 AM

Your Gigabyte motherboard does not support Windows 10. You may try the Windows 7 driver but it may not work: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...1&RWD=0#driver
Old August 31st, 2015, 08:59 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Once it upgrades to Windows 10 you cannot revert, unless you have a DVD with the full install on it.

You need to go to your motherboard manufactures page and see if there is a later graphics driver listed.
not true, you have 30 days to revert as long as you do not delete your windows.old folder.

To access the revert feature, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”
Old August 31st, 2015, 09:05 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcyber View Post
I went to manufacturers web page but couldn,t see it listed ,there were many but what I was looking for Intel(R)G33/631 express chipset family 23.9.2009 vers 8.15. 10.1930 Motherboard Gigabyte G31M-ES2L.I hope I was looking for the right component, i found it under Device manager,display.Does it follow that if I get the necessary part it will slot in like a card and disable the present one which is built into the motherboard.In getting this up todate component does it mean it will solve the compatability problem in going to Windows 10? I
just to note. I have two computers that would not auto upgrade to win10 because of graphic drivers. I downloaded the win10 iso and installed it. One computer that had a regular monitor, no problems. the other computer was connected to a tv and it did not have the proper settings so I had to revert back to win7. You may still be able to install win10 but you may lose some graphic settings. depending what you use your computer for, it may or may not make a difference.

you can download the iso
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...n10_Body_AddPC
Old September 1st, 2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
not true, you have 30 days to revert as long as you do not delete your windows.old folder.

To access the revert feature, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”

Don't seem to have a windows.old folder,also what is iso?
Old September 1st, 2015, 09:21 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcyber View Post
Don't seem to have a windows.old folder,also what is iso?
you will only see the windows.old folder after you upgrade. However, without that windows.old folder, you will not be able to revert so you will have to install from scratch if you decide against win10.

an iso is an image of a dvd that is used to create a mirror copy.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termsi/g/isofile.htm
Old September 26th, 2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
you will only see the windows.old folder after you upgrade. However, without that windows.old folder, you will not be able to revert so you will have to install from scratch if you decide against win10.

an iso is an image of a dvd that is used to create a mirror copy.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termsi/g/isofile.htm
So,once downloaded to a dvd, like burning it, I can install straight from that? giving me an instal disc for future use if I need to re instal at some late date.
Old September 26th, 2015, 05:46 PM

The "revert back" option appears to only be good for about 30 days. And when you revert back may run in some problems, like programs not working. These will have to be reinstalled or repaired, not all users have experience this.

Your motherboard has a PCI Express x16 slot. Your Graphics is built (intergrated)into the chip.

Appears Gigabyte has not published a Windows 10 driver yet for your graphics, so you either wait until they do or you get a separate graphics card and disable the on-board.

I did find a possible Windows 10 driver here:
http://www.driverscape.com/manufactu.../g31m-es2l/106