Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old March 12th, 2003, 07:34 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Graphics Card Problem-Not Showing Up

Mobo-Soyo Dragon DT400 Dragon Ultra, AMD 2400, 512 RAM, Win XP, nVidia GeForce TI4200.

My graphics card does not show up in device manager or in display properties, also my monitor\display adapter does not show up in device manager. Because of this I am unable to change any settings for my graphics card. I downloaded the new drivers and installed them. What do I need to do to be able to access my graphics card?

Misty
Old March 12th, 2003, 08:03 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
The first thing I would try is to use system restore just go back to before the problem started most of the time it will fix the problem.

Here is a fix I was told would work.

Go into your device manager and open all entries under System Devices (clicking the +). Go through each one and try to uninstall it. Some won't have the option and others will cause device manager to crash (use task manager to end task on device manager and then go back into it and continue). 1 or 2 may reinstall immediately and the system will show new hardware in your system (especially if you have ISA devices). Once finished, reboot and "tada" all your devices will start reinstalling after you login and use the IRQ's normally.

Post back and let us know how you make out.
Old March 12th, 2003, 11:12 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Big thanks Tweaker, I followed your instructions and it is working great now. After doing what you suggested it found a lot of things it needed to install. I just finished and everything looks so much better. I now have the tab and other items I didn't have before.

Thanks again,
Misty
Old March 12th, 2003, 11:45 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
I'm glad it worked Misty, good luck!