Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:25 AM

open file location problem

On my windows 7 when I go in properties and click open file location of any desktop shortcut it does nothing. Same problem with my chrome too the show in folder doesn't seem to work. Help Please

I also uninstalled IE9 but the problem persists
Old May 1st, 2013, 04:07 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Welcome to CTH

Do you mean when you right click on a shortcut and go to properties, nothing happens? Or when you right click on go to Open File Location it does not?

If this is the case then you probably lost the file association for *.lnk, if this is the case download the following fix HERE

Following the instructions posted