Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old December 23rd, 2007, 09:51 PM

In Which Order...

I am planning to build a new computer for myself. I am planning to purchase one part each month until I have all the components that I need.

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions about which order I should buy the parts in?

Buying a case and power supply can be first or last, it's not going to change much in value over the several months that I am accruing parts. How about a motherboard though? If I buy a motherboard now I will be able to get a better processor for it at a lower price 6 months down the road, so it would be better to buy the motherboard for it early on. Perhaps a video card would be better bought last as well.

Anyway, I tried searching Google on this topic but I can't find a thing. I'm sure it's out there but my attempts were futile.

Any suggestions which order is best?
Old December 23rd, 2007, 10:34 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

First, no matter which parts you buy first it'll be outdated within weeks. Just the nature of the industry.

My opinion, decide on processor - the fastest/most you can afford. Right now, dual/quad core is king. That'll decide motherboard. Get those two, then build out from there.