Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:47 PM

Unhappy Re: enabling sound recorder on Vista

I somehow disabled my sound device and I can hear the microphone from the speakers but I can't configure it so that I get a playback when I record, I have tried both front and back setups. When I ttied the Microsoft Fix it, it showed the sound device is disabled. Can you please help with this... I would really like to use the sound recorder, and I didn't know whether to post in Vista or in Hardware, and tried looking at previous posts but couldn't find an answer.
Old April 27th, 2013, 05:16 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
  1. Go to Start and click on control Panel.
  2. Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.
  3. In the new windows click on the tab “Recording" and right click in the window and click on Show Disabled devices.
  4. Now check if Microphone is listed there and right click on it and choose enable.