Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old January 10th, 2010, 04:09 PM

Virus or Trojan - Red Circle with White cross in it.

Hi Guys,
this one is getting me down, as I cannot get rid of it easily. It changed the colour of my desktop screen and put a big message on it, stating I had a Virus. It did not say that that was the actually virus,lol. It is a Red Circle with White cross in it, on my taskbar. It changes my web pages to something else, when ever I try to change the page myself. Ie, if I go to Google and try to go to another site, this prevents me doing so and sends me to a site of its own.
I am using win XP Pro. I tried using StopZilla, but that did not work. It is not allowing me to get to a site to download Highjack program. I will try that again though.
Cheers.
Old January 10th, 2010, 04:25 PM

Hi Guys, I managed to get a Highjack log file . Because it is so long, this program will not except it.
Thank you.
Old January 10th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Hello Luckyjfl,

It may help for now by doing everything via Safe Mode (at startup tap the F8 key about once per half-second, then select Safe Mode with Networking from the menu). Fewer malware activities will be running then. Then see if you can do the following steps, to give us something to work from here. As for posting limitations here, you will need to break logs into parts, then post each of those. Use extra posts if needed.

To keep them from interfering with the repairs, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares while these steps are being completed. This can usually be done through right clicking the software's Taskbar icons, or accessing each software through Start - Programs.

Download RSIT (random's system information tool) from here to your desktop. Then click on the RSIT.exe to open the RSIT display, and click the Continue button.

If necessary allow it to locate or download a copy of HijackThis as needed.

Once the scan completes a textbox will open - copy/paste those contents here for review please. The log can also be found at C:\rsit\log.txt.

RSIT will also create a second log, info.txt, which will be minimized to your taskbar. Post that here as well please (it will also be stored at C:\rsit\info.txt).

You can break logs into parts and use separate posts here when replying and posting the log files, if needed.

--------------

Also click here and download the installer for Gmer to your desktop, then click that file to run Gmer.

Once the opening scan finishes, click on Scan (before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan).

When completed, click on the Copy button and rightclick on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and rightclick again and choose Paste. Copy the information and post it here please.
Old January 11th, 2010, 05:48 PM

Hi Jintan,
thank you for your advice. It was really appreciatted. Because this problem is Not allowing me to finish the scans you suggested, I am going to format the whole thing. Alas, it is an inconvenience, but maybe neccessary. Cheers again. I always get help here. Thankyou so much.
Lucky
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

I appreciate you taking the time to post back the update. Be well.